Re: Automatic placement of objects in Dia

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 14:22, Anthony Reina wrote:
I've been using a program called postgresql_autodoc
(http://www.rbt.ca/autodoc/index.html) which creates database diagrams
that are outputted to Dia format. Unfortunately, all of the boxes for
the different database tables appear overtop of one another in Dia. Is
there a command in Dia that I could add to automatically place the boxes
so that they don't overlap?

Dia does not have such a function itself at the moment.  It's not a
simple thing to do, but if somebody actually implemented it, I'd be
happy to use it.

If you try the AutoDIA program (http://droogs.org/autodia/), I believe
it has some automatic placement.

-Lars