Re: new member

Hello,

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 20:46 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I am a rugby coach in the Uk, (but also into computers)  I thought it
would be an nice idea to have a program that could help me draw diagrams
of drills for my coaching sessions,  but I have very little programming
knowledge,  then I remembered dia and thought that it would probably be
more worth while getting some help with new elements for this or just
suggesting some,  and perhaps help the program branch out into another area.
[SNIP]

if any one on the list is involved with coaching (or knows any coaches)
perhaps they may have some more ideas,

I would think that a line would be a good way to represent a player
moving with a ball,  a broken line could represent a player running
without a ball and a different broken line represents the path of ball
being passed,

I therefore decided to join the list so I could possibly get help with
this idea / concept.

I am very interested by the idea. I will soon need some software to draw
coaching diagrams, unfortunately I found nothing both specific and open
source.

With dia it is very easy to make your own sheet (for example "rugby")
with custom elements. I have been quickly experimenting with the idea
some times ago. Here are my two concerns:

- Elements must not be scalable, so you keep the same ratio for all of
them and just zoom in and out. (Is it possible at all with shapes?)

- Players need rotation

Lars: what is the state with rotation? Any help needed?

Greetings,
luc

Thanks

Paul