Re: Antialias (objects in X) enabled by default?

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 00:59, Alan Horkan wrote:
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, DANIELLLANO wrote:

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:27:05 GMT
From: DANIELLLANO <DANIELLLANO terra es>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Antialias (objects in X) enabled by default?

larsrc raeder dk wrote:
DANIELLLANO sagde:
Is there any Roadmap for having antialias of objects in X?
(This is very low priority for me, I prefer good output and lack of
bugs but it would be nice to know if anybody has any thoughts or is
already working on that)

In X in general, I don't know, but Dia can do antialiased diagrams, just
check the menu point View->Antialiased.

That's what I was looking for.
Now I see it's implemented :-)

Shouldn't it be enabled by default?

If you can no longer find any bugs in it maybe,
but it has been unstable in the past.

It has been a version or two since it was unstable.  Real problem is
that it's significantly slower, and that it requires libart which is not
installed everywhere.

I actually kind of like the sharper edges of non-anti-aliased drawings
(makes for better PNG files) and I'm not sure it makes much differnce on
an LCD screen anyway.

I frequently turn it on on LCD screens.  In particular, it makes
arrowheads much nicer.

-Lars