Re: Create links between objects on differents layers

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 15:21, Steven Lembark wrote:
-- Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>

Should be possible, I thought about it but didn't get to
implementation.  I was thinking that the best would be to let the layers
dialog allow selection of whether layers other than the active layer can
be connected to, kinda like Gimp has with moving layers.

Most CAD packages with multiple layers (or GIMP) have the
notion of active and visible layers. Any layer marked
active can be connected, edited, moved, etc.

Yes, that'd be what we're going for.  I'm not sure if I want to have
connecting and editing being the same activation -- there are definite
uses for being able to connect to objects that you cannot select.

A trickier question is what happens when you try to select Same Type or
Transitive where some of the objects are on non-active layers.

-Lars