RE: Feature request

On Thu, 20040408 at 20:20, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 01:01, Matthew Miller wrote:
Every time I try to print from Dia the program crashes, whether I
print to .ps file or to a printer.  I've tried re-compiling with and
without gnome support (my default is w/out).  I'm printing directly
lpr. I've tried printing at 100% and at fit-to-1-page.  All results
are identical:  "Application 'dia' (process 26238) has crashed due to
a fatal error. (Segmentation fault)."

We have a gentoo system with 2.6 kernal, cups 1.1.19, and dia 0.92.2.

The printer is an HP Laserjet 4Si.

I will greatly appreciate any support or pointers!

Can you run it under GDB (if running with the run_dia.sh script, set
DEBUGGER
to gdb) and give a backtrace?  And can you send the diagram to either
the list,
or me if it's sensitive information?  AFAIR, we have no reports of
crashes with
printing, but since it happens with both file and printer printing, it
sure
sounds like a dia problem.

Here's the diagram that crashes (networkDRS.dia) and one that doesn't
(network-template.dia).  Old story was that all documents I created
crashed on printing.

New developments:  I compiled and installed at home and could print
documents I created there.  Sftped the networkDRS document from work,
crashed.  Copied my USE flags from home to the work server and emerge
updated to .92_pre7 and it worked fine on new documents, crashed on
networkDRS.  _Didn't_ crash on old document network-template.dia.

I'm happy for now since I can print all new documents.  I'd be happy to
continue working with you on troubleshooting this, though.  Let me know
if you'd like me to do anything more.

Matthew C. Miller
Managed Services Team
208/381.5838