Re: How to contribute

Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> writes:

On 30 Aug 2003, Peter Poulsen wrote:
Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> writes:

Sounds like a good idea.

Ok, here it is. Should be applied by standing in the cvs co dir, and
typing pathc -p1 < <path>/hex.patch.

One important thing:  Do not include translation-related things in code
patches.  It makes the patch unnecessarily long, and I don't want to mix up
the two parts.

I know it may sound like a weird thing to make hex-grid, but I'm working
on making a sheet (or whatever it's called), inteded for creating maps
which works a lot better with hex-grids.

I've had the thought before.  Both games and chemists have some interest in
this.

This is the first time I have coded for Dia or with Gtk, so I'm open to
criticism.

It seems to work ok.  However, as a property of the diagram, it should be
saved with the diagram and settable for each diagram in the diagram
properties dialog, just like dynamic grid.  That takes a bit of GTK
hacking, especially take care to have sensitivity set right.

-Lars
Hi

I have spend the last week trying to get those last things implemented,
but I'm afraid I have to give up. There seems to be way to many
variables I don't know what do, that is affected. I hope that some of you
guys that know the internals of Dia a little better than I will find the
time to implement it.

--
Yours
Peter Poulsen