Re: Off List Posting

David Richards wrote:

Gentlemen-
    We are rolling out OpenOffice for our whole City in about 7 weeks,
and part of that will be that I will be installing Dia as well to offer
additional functionality.

There are two thing that would aid in the deployment, support and polish
of Dia.

1) The dialog box that comes up when you print is tough for our users. They are aren't good at putting in Linux commands, and just a basic
"lpr" command will send it to the system default printer which is here
in IT and not at their desk.  Integration with CUPS would be great, or a
graphical interface for printer selection (such as in Gedit).

You may want to check out xpp. It's not quite as pretty as the Windows print dialog, but it provides an lpr replacement that integrates with CUPS, and lets one select the printer on demand. Simply replace the lpr command in your print dialog with xpp. On print, a (fltk) dialog will pop up, listing all of your CUPS configured printers. Pick the one you want, and off it prints. It's simple enough for my wife to use -- she is my "test" person, as she is a self-proclaimed computer-phobic ;)