Re: Patch to custom object: object-specific properties (preliminary)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyrille Chepelov"
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 9:05 AM
A little worry about your patch: at one point, you are making a switch
based on the type of the property, and then making assumptions about the
sizeof(property data). This has the big inconvenient to me of increasing
the coupling between the Custom object and the StdProp library. Would it
be possible to factor this into StdProp itself instead?
I would be glad to use a function telling me the size of property data given
the type, if there is one. I'm sorry I am no Dia expert. I didn't even know
that Dia existed until three weeks ago, so I chose to limit the damage I can
do to the Custom object plug-in only, not involoving libdia.
Also, the StdProp library source code is about an order of magnitude bigger
and pretty undocumented, except for the few notes I read on the wiki at
faemalia.org, therefore I'm a bit afraid of touching it.
I have some unanswered questions about StdProp, among others:
- Is there a complete list of available types?
- What are SARRAY and DARRAY and how can I use them?
- "composite" is just an XML tag and has nothing to do with StdProp, am I
right?
- Is there a (standard) way to edit a group of properties in a separate
window or page?
Thanks.
Marco