Re: 0.92 PNG export problem on XP

At 16:26 31.10.03 -0600, Lars Clausen wrote:
On 22 Oct 2003, W. Borgert wrote:
Quoting Steffen Macke <sdteffen web de>:
Try using the export filter called GdkPixPuf bitmap instead of the
Portable Network Graphics filter.

This is not an option, because it does not allow me to set
the size of the resulting PNG.  Am I wrong?

The Pango PNG filter is the only filter overall that allows setting the
size.  It is possible to add to other filters, but nobody's done it.

If you meant 'with a user interface' you are right. But the pixbuf
(i.e. the other png filter) does use the paper scaling to control
the bitmap size. Looking at the source shows :

  /* quite arbitrary */
  zoom = 20.0 * data->paper.scaling;
  width = (rect.right - rect.left) * zoom;
  height = (rect.bottom - rect.top) * zoom;

So after all it should be possible to get a PNG with the
resolution/size you want - even without constantly being
annoyed by an extra size-adjustment-dialog ;-)

        Hans