Re: open svg file fails!!!

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Giovanni Pineda wrote:

Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 11:00:36 +0200
From: Giovanni Pineda <jose pineda_castellanos 3497 student uu se>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: open svg file fails!!!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Dia and this list. I created a UML diagram using Eclipse +
EclipseUml. I saved the diagram as a svg-file. When I subsequently tried
to open the file for editing in Dia I got nothing. Dia is capable of
opening other svg files (which I created with other software), so my
question is why I'm not able to open this file? And of course how do I
can manage to do that? I send the file as an attachment.

Firstly thanks for the feedback,
but next time please dont send attachments to the list.

If you could open a report agianst dia in gnome bugzilla and attach the
file there, it would be very helpful.

Dia has only limited SVG support but better to have it turned on and find
the flaws rather than wait until it is perfect.  If you break up the file
into different simpler parts and figure out which bits of SVG Dia is
chocking on that would be very helpful.

Did Dia display any useful error messages?

Thanks in advance

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about this problem.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan