Followup, Perl Plugin [Re: Anyone interested in a Perl plugin?]

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Steven Lembark wrote:

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:32:52 -0500
From: Steven Lembark <lembark wrkhors com>
To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
Subject: Re: Anyone interested in a Perl plugin?

-- Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:35:29 -0600
From: Steven Lembark <lembark wrkhors com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Anyone interested in a Perl plugin?

Given a dash of Inline it should be fairly easy to do.

I was wondering if you have made any progress on this?
(clearing out tonnes of old mail today).

If you have made an interesting amount of progress you may as well reply
to dia-list gnome org

Noone ever got back to me to say it seemed interesting,
at which point I dropped it. I will have time to look at
it in a few weeks when my curfent contract is over (too
many drop dead dates in the meantime).

I am guessing you asked without subscribing to the list or somehow missed
the responses.  It is tragic that we nearly lost your valuable interest do
to a minor breakdown in communications.  I am so glad I asked.

There were about five favourable responses.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2003-January/thread.html#00066

Your message
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2003-January/msg00054.html

Lars said why not, build it and they will come.
James Michael DuPont said he was very interested.
Tim Ellis, author of TeDia2sql (which is a perl script) was interested.

I think a Perl plugin would make integrating things like AutoDia much
easier.  The more features we can cram into Dia the better.

take a quick look at the mail archive and hopefully you will be convinced
that developers are interested, which probably means that many users are
potentially interested.

Thanks for you prompt reply and continued interest.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/