Re: Visio format conversion

Note that these don't actually read Visio files themselves - they use OLE to drive a locally-installed copy of Visio to open the files and then export them - I guess as WMF.

I'm sure Dia could do something similar on MS Windows for those who already own Visio, but it doesn't much help those of us that don't. For that, we still have to reverse-engineer the .vsd format.

Of course, if the ConceptDraw file format were documented, we could use their web-based file conversion mechanism and add a .ccd file importer to Dia - I've asked them, but I assume it's proprietary.

Ian Redfern.