Re: imho

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

On lundi, juin 9, 2003, at 01:51 Europe/Paris, Alan Horkan wrote:

Saying a Microsoft program produces XML is only marginally more
helpful than saying it produces ASCII.
XML is no use if you dont have the schema and cant figure out what it
means, or if it is embedded full of meaningless MIME encoded binar
chunks.

AFAICT, Microsoft published the DTD of that XML file format. But I'm
not sure how far it goes. Given recent experiences on waht Office 2003
does when saving Word docs to XML files, I'm really upset. It should
be note that OmniGraffle, and MacOS X prioprietary tool to do
diagramming import Visio XML files, so it could be doable.

We have a DTD (or Schema) for the Visio XML, and that looks pretty ok.
Whther they use it or not... Does this OmniGraffle program output so,ething
useful?

-Lars
--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor