Zooming what ?

Another idea, inspired by working ctrl+scroll patch:

Change Zoom tool so that it preserves a zoom point.

I mean: now, when you zoom in a graph by clicking a zoom tool or ctrl+wheel, the graph point at screen location of the cursor is displayed at window's center point.

I'd like the graph point at screen location of the cursor to be displayed... at screen location of the cursor (and not middle of the window). So you still point to the same item on the graph as you pointed before zooming.

Does that make sense ? I think it makes multiple zoom operations in sequence behave more consistent (even if you ocassionally need to pan to put the pointed thing in the middle).

Alan (which I discussed the idea with) also suggested to make zoom center on selected objects - maybe that would make sense for non-tool zooming (the option button one).

Any suggestions ?

Krzysztof

--- Begin Message ---
Alan Horkan wrote:

and i just needed someone to quickly bounce some ideas off of.

Now another idea:

Change Zoom tool so that it preserves a zoom point.

I mean: now, when you zoom in a graph by clicking a zoom tool or ctrl+wheel, the graph point at screen location of the cursor is displayed at window's center point.

I'd like the graph point at screen location of the cursor to be displayed... at screen location of the cursor (and not middle of the window). So you still point to the same item on the graph as you pointed before zooming.

Does that make sense ? I think it makes multiple zoom operations in sequence behave more consistent (even if you ocassionally need to pan to put the pointed thing in the middle).

Krzysztof

--- End Message ---