Re: how to get value of a property

Lars Clausen wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003, Vadim Berezniker wrote:
I give up, I looked all over the place and still can't figure out how
to get a property value from outside the object.

The closest I found was object_get_prop_by_name(), but that function
is not implemented anywhere ...

You want object_prop_by_name(), which is described in lib/properties.h and
implemented in lib/propobjects.c.

-Lars

    BoolProperty *prop = object_prop_by_name(obj_copy, "can_parent");
    if(prop)
      printf("val: %d\n", prop -> bool_data);

It always prints "0" regardless of what the actual value is.

I have defined the 'can_parent' property in the object that is being checked. I can toggle the property in the properties dialog, but trying to retrieve that property always returns 0 for the boolean value.