Re: line width window (patch)

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
This patch does the following to the line width dialog box (the one
that shows up after double click on line width control):

- reverses the OK and Cancel buttons (HIG stuff), uses stock buttons
(so Alt+O stands for OK) and gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons
- makes OK button default
- stops spin button from grabbing Enter key (so it can be used instead
of Alt+O)
- gives focus to the spin button on dialog reactivation (so that you
can enter the value immediately, not having to TAB through the dialog)

Any comments ? (I'm a Gtk+/GNOME newbie so it may be entirely broken)

Looks good, I have just applied it.

I also think the way the line width widget works may be
improved. Currently it favours some arbitrarily chosen values and
makes setting other - users' preferred - values a bit tedious. Maybe
those changes would make some sense:

True.  Not a thing high on my list right now, but it'd be good to be able
to change it.

- double click changes  current object's line width (for example:
click a line, click "width 1", line changes width to 1)

I think that'd be a little non-intuitive -- hard to tell when you're
changing the default.

- have the "enter custom line width" dialog as a separate button/item
on a line width area
- being able to modify the predefined line widths - maybe via
right-click/Settings on a line width area ?
- some sort of preview for user line widths ?

Something in the linewidth settings box, perhaps?  Should we try to enforce
monotonicity of widths, so that the widths that appear bigger on the icon
actually are bigger?  If so, how?  If not, won't the users become confused?

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor