Slightly OT: "Dia ChangeLog report for ..."

"Dia ChangeLog Daemon wrote:"

What mechanism is used to produce these automated mailings. I'd like to use the same mechanism for internal projects. I'm guessing it's a cvs thingy, but I'm trying to convince the powers that be to use that too. (being the anti-M$/vss biggot that I am :-) These automated mailings would be a nice feature to show how it can keep all developers up-to-speed on what everyone else is doing.