Re: keybindings/feature requests?

On 15 Dec 2003, David Fallon wrote:
I've been using dia lately, and it's awesome! Thanks a lot to everyone
involved for the app. Stuff like connection points, and the
scale-to-pages stuff has worked like a charm. This is all with dia 0.91,
btw. A few questions/issues:

Bugs go in bugzilla? In particular, the page setup dialog has some
strange issues - you can't just change the "scaling -> fit to" option
without switching to "scaling->scale" first, then back and apply. and if
you switch back and forth between the two, both options keep growing (I
start with scale 40.5, fit to: 1-2, fit to selected. Switch to scale,
fit to grows to 1-3. switch to fit to, scale grows to 42.1. Keeps going
from there.). And finally, as you keep switching, the alg for "fit to"
stops working - After causing it to grow i switched back to 1-2 and hit
apply, and it got most but not all of my diag into 2 pages. I had to
close the dialog, reopen, and re-hit apply before it did it properly.

Rather strange.  Haven't been able to reproduce it, perhaps it's some
interesting corner case.

More keybindings would be awesome! In particular, keys to toggle snap to
grid, reset tool after create (and move to a menu instead of
preferences), and a key for each of the default tools, or maybe a
"next/previous tool" key. This is something I'm capable/happy to submit
patches on if someone can confirm what keys it should be.

Unfortunately, the text input mechanism gets in the way of this -- we can't
assign single-key shortcuts as long as text input happens in the same mode
as regular editing.  Something ala Nautilus' name edit thing has to come in.

Anti-aliasing seems to have artifact issues as I scroll/work - when I
turn it on it looks great, but has problems over time.

Can you give a more detailed description?

Being able to configure what holding alt does would be awesome - it
doesn't seem to do anything currently? The default should probably be
the move tool, although it'd be cool if it was configurable so you could
switch it to something you used often if you wanted to.

Now there's an interesting idea.  Same could go for shift and control.
We've been holding off on assigning them simply because there's too many
different ideas of what should go where.

Anyways, thanks! Let me know what of this should end up in bugzilla...

All of it.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor