Re: dia SIGSEGV when I move Class object

On 28 Aug 2003, Dmitry Perfilyev wrote:
Hi!
I have just compilled and run Dia. First impression
was good, but when I try to create UML diagram Dia crashed.
It crash (core dump) every time when I try to move "Class" or
"Template class" object. Other objects (in UML sheet) are moved
normal.

Class and Template Class are really the same object without and with
templates, so it'd appear to be one bug at most.

When I try to run gdb on core I got next error:
# gdb /usr/local/bin/dia core
GNU gdb 5.3
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...

Ah, a Solaris build.  They're only just starting to come out.  Now if I had
a Solaris machine...:)

And stack:

(gdb) where
#0  0xfe50e71c in umlclass_update_data (umlclass=0x312640) at class.c:564
[...]

Scary, that line reads:

  umlclass->connections[0].pos = elem->corner;

which is no different than what the other objects do.  Can you check what
the other objects involved are, to see which one is the core dumper?
I.e. umlclass->connections, umlclass->connections[0], elem.

Of course the fact that GDB itself is broken by this point indicates some
runaway pointer bug earlier on.  I hate those things.  Maybe valgrind or
what's-it-called on Solaris would be the best to diagnose this.

I'd love to see Dia working on Solaris.  Hey, I'd even let Sun pay me to
work on it:)

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor