Re: dia, mac os x

On 22 Aug 2003, Aaron Titus wrote:
On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 04:49 AM, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 02:56, Aaron Titus wrote:
I have repeatedly tried to install Dia on Mac OS X (the latest
version)
with no success. I have searched the Dia listserv archives which
report
that some have done it, but otherwise there is no useful
information on
how to install it.

I'm using the latest version of Fink and Apple's X11. I can run many X
applications.

The Dia configure script fails to find Gtk+2 even though I use
"./configure --prefix=/sw".

Any ideas?

are you sure gtk2 devel package are installed ? and that pkg-config is
in your PATH ?

Thank you for the suggestions. Evidently, the problem is with Pango,
even though GTK2 dev is installed.  Here's the error report (I should
have included this in my first message, sorry about that)

checking for pkg-config... /sw/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.0.6)
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /sw/bin/pkg-config
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
installed.
checking for pango >= 1.1.5... Requested 'pango >= 1.1.5' but version
of Pango is 1.0.5
configure: error: Need Pango version 1.1.5 or higher

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I thought there wasn't a new enough Pango in Fink, but I thought maybe
you'd compiled it yourself.  An important bug got fixed for us in 1.1.5, so
we have to have that version or higher (1.2.* would work).  I hope the Fink
guys get time to update Pango soon.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor