Re: Documenting plugins

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Philippe Faes wrote:
On Monday 28 April 2003 19:53, Alan Horkan wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Philippe Faes wrote:
Is there now (or will there be pretty soon) a standard format for
documenting plugins? I mean documentation for the end-user, not the
inline documentation of the source code.

No one is working on anything like that at the moment.

Are you looking for documentation of any plugin in particular?

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

I'm sorry I haven't made myself clear enough: I'm working on what I call
the SmartListProp right now.  see thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2003-April/msg00135.html After
that I'll do a "digital module" (DigMod) plugin. My DigMod plugin may
include some non-trivial features, which I'd like to document (a little
bit).  If no other standards are agreed upon, I'll just dump the
documentation in a README file...  So I'd like to WRITE some doc, not
read it.

That's great!  The standard for the main dia docs is DocBook XML, it'd be
nice to stay with that.

It might be usefull for plugin writers to document their own
plugins, especially if a whole bunch of obscure plugins show up in the
future.

Yeah, once the plug-ins start being more advanced than just doing rendering
(e.g. interaction between relevant objects), we will certainly need docs
for them.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor