Re: Fwd: Re: PROP_TYPE_LIST declaration [lrclause cs uiuc edu]

Note that if your list is static, you may want to use PROP_TYPE_ENUM.  I
think it's prettier and easier to deal with (though I may end up changing
the PROP_TYPE_LIST widget (or even removing it -- there's not much
difference between the two, all PROP_TYPE_LIST seems to have going for it
is that it uses GPtrArray)).

It's dynamic.  Functionally quite similar to attributes in the UML (although I know the UML objects still
probably don't make use of StdProp yet).  Should I avoid PROP_TYPE_LIST if you're considering removing it?

You need to declare the index within your structure as well:

   GPtrArray *column_list;    /* The list of items */
   int column_list_index;       /* The currently selected item */

To declare a ListProp in the PropOffset array, you give it the offset of
both the list and the index:

  { "column_list", PROP_TYPE_LIST, offsetof(Independent, column_list),
                                   offsetof(Independent, column_list_index) },

And there are no name and flags fields?  Looking at chronoline.c and what you have above, the maximalist in
me wants to do something like:

   { "column_list", PROP_TYPE_LIST, PROP_FLAG_VISIBLE,
     N_("Column list"), offsetof(Independent, column_list),
     N_("Column index"), offsetof(Independent, column_list_index), NULL },

Also, the quoted example leads to a GCC warning about the column_list_index parameter in offsetof(), which
worries me:

independent.c:156: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast

Thanks,
Andy

--- Begin Message ---