Re: SVG & XML

Le Mon, Mar 31, 2003, à 10:20:38AM -0600, Lars Clausen a écrit:

My take on the XML vs. SVG issue: I'd need to see very good reasons to
change our file format.  XML has worked well so far, there's many documents
out there in our current format, and there are many programs that work on
our current format.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it -- especially if it's
holding up the building.

Wholeheartedly seconded. Whoever wants to make such a change shall first
prove such change is compelling -- with compelling code, not description of
what the sky looks like once it's painted blue.
(I saw one reasonable proposal recently, the use of namespaces to overlay
more information atop the existing format. But I didn't yet see a compelling
reason -- code & new applications -- to even make this move)

improving the UI.  Now that 0.91 is out, we're open for patches.

aren't we always? :-)

        -- Cyrille