Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Wed Sep 25 07:23:02 2002 (UTC)

Le Wed, Sep 25, 2002, à 04:58:37PM +0100, Alan Horkan a écrit:

+   * app/menus.c: patch from Alan Horkan <horkana tcd ie>: review
+   the menu shortcuts towards better GNOME HIG compliance (Closes: #87157)

I dont think my patch was adequate to properly close bug #87157

I did not want to bind Delete key to Delete without being able to test it
properly.  This should be easy but i had a nervous feeling it might not
work exactly right.

OK, I'll reopen it now.

        -- Cyrille

As part of HIG compliance the Gnome build probably needs to have the OK
Cancel buttons reordered so that [ OK ] is always the rightmost button.
I am not sure if we should also do this for the GTK builds...
Probably needs a seperate bug report.  (Yes, No?  tell me and i will file
it)

I think we should not bother to comply with anything regarding the gtk
build; it should build, it should work, it should be usable, but I couldn't
care less if the stock icons were derived from a klingon theme (well,
almost). However, consistent with the principle of consistency and least
effort, I also think we shouldn't make the gtk and GNOME build too different
from each other ==> where it isn't too much effort to do it, we should have
the GTK build behave as the GNOME build (I did /not/ say we should build our
own gconf, bonobo or whatever gnome-whizbang du jour emulation layer to care
for the gtk case); conclusion: when the gtk build can be made identical to
the GNOME build without any special casing, the GNOME rules should apply.

        -- Cyrille