Re[4]: lines

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:41:31 +0100 (IST) Alan Horkan <horkana tcd ie> wrote:
I think just no one ever got around to it.
The polygon defaulting to only 3 sides always stuck me as a little odd,
especially before i figured out how to add corners.  (hard to describe the
other method, 'free draw' or something i think its called)
I really like the behaviour of the GobeProductive drawing tool it is
really comfortable to use.

I have been using Dia for a week now,
and I strongly agree that it needs to
somehow add freedraw polylines and
bezierlines.

My off the cuff suggestion is that this
be allowed by holding the ctrl key while
placing the object.

That is, placing a polyline would work
differently depending on whether or not
the ctrl key was pressed during placement.
If ctrl is pressed, then mouse clicks
will add segments (at the point of click).

I have filed this as a bug report (93988).

Cheers,
Alan