Re[2]: lines

As an aside, I discovered something odd while trying
to find a work-around that does not require snapping
to the grid.  Add a line object and place the one
endpoint on top of the other.  It makes a connection
with itself that cannot be broken.  Since Polylines
and Bezierlines do not display this behavior, I am
guessing it is unintentional.

Yes this is unintentional

Interstingly it can be broken if you select end point and join it to the
start point.
In effect the end point is on top and you can drag it away.
If however you connect the start point to the end point you get the
behaviour you describe.

I cannot imagine this would be useful very often,
if a user really wanted a single dot they could always use a text
object containing a single full stop character.

It would be nice to be able to connect lines to lines and have them become
polylines/paths.

Later
Alan Horkan