(OT) dpkg -l (was: Re: GCC 3.2 and numerous DIA code problems)

On 2002-09-04 at 12:46 -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:

Huh ?

muscat%dpkg -l "*g??-3.2*"

Oh, silly me, I expected it to show up when I did 'apt-cache
show gcc'.

This might be a bit obvious, but don't forget apt-cache only
operates on your local cache and (I believe) the default pin,
so if, for example, you run primarily on testing, and gcc-3.2
were in unstable, it wouldn't show up. I think I filed a bug
about the default pin thing actually.

Anyway, enough OT stuff.

Andrew

--