Orientation patch (2nd attempt)

GDay,

Attached is the orientation patch I sent earlier, except applied to the current CVS repostory.

A word warning though, the patch is untested on this branch as I have not had the opportunity to compile the cvs copy on me system. At this time, I neither have the time nor the option of updating my system's gtk and glib libraries to 2.0.

So, instead I have applied the patch, then a cvs diff to roll it forward. Only one chunk in the patch did not merge and I was able to identify and correct this by hand.

Before application to the cvs tree, could someone quickly run it past a test build to see if it compiles and runs cleanly. It did before, it should do now...(if anyone is feeling inclined, that is :).

Cheers Mik.