Re: Formatting problems in RedHat 8.0

Lars,

  Thank you for your prompt response.  I will give the
CVS version a try later tonight.  In the meantime, can
you recommend a particular font/size that would
minimize this issue if possible?  Right now, I'm just
using the default and I have not tried adjusting the
font.

Thanks,
Curt

--- Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
The spacing on text boxes in general on 0.90 was
suffering from problems
with resizing of fonts.  Basically, fonts don't
scale linearly.  We took a
conservative margin to make sure no fonts ran over
the edge, this leaves
extra space at some sizes.

In the CVS version, we attempt to account for this
by picking one scale and
then resizing fonts at other scales to match the
relative length of that.
It's not perfect, but it's somewhat better.

-Lars