Re: Autodia SQL patch (for doing "sql2dia")

From: Bryce Harrington <bryce osdl org>
Autodia is a tool for automatically generating Dia diagrams from source
code files.  For example, it helps in building inheritance diagrams.  It
handles perl, java, C++, C, and Php.

It does indeed - but your milleage will vary :)

Anybody with success (or failure) stories would be thanked hugely if they
let me know - the problem with opensource is that people only tell you if
something is broken ;) this means if you get a handful of emails about
bugs - either it works for some other people and they just get on with
using it (like I do with 99.999%v of the OSS stuff I use) or more likely
in my case they just move onto something else.

This patch adds to it a (crude) handler for SQL.  It generates the UML
boxes to describe the tables.  It also puts in lines to link tables
together, but not very well, and is peculiar to my database naming
scheme, so YMMV on that bit.  See README & screenshots for more info.

I am adding the patch this evening - I also plan to add argouml and
graphviz support soon too. better still I will set up an autodia or
diatools (for discussion of autodia, dia2foo, foo2dia, bitching about
visio and arguing about graphviz) in the near future thanks to a friend
who is providing me with a shell and london.pm's shiny new mailing list
manager (written in perl, like all good software).

if anybody has hacked on a argouml to dia (or vice versa) perl script
could they let me know as I am planning on some funky graphviz <--> dia
<--> argouml conversion code soon.

regards all,

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++