Re: UML module hackery

I have done enough class diagrams in Rat Rose to hate the way they do lines, and I am sure that everyone has opinion one way or the other. I suggest the API programmer's approach: "Extend do not change". Make it an option of the line to behave either way or make additional new lines.

There is definely one improvement needed for lines. And that is the arrow head needs to also be manully rotatable. Having the line horizontal and the arrow head vertical when connected to a class because the line is pixel hair off the point of connection is pain. Give me a control point for
the rotation of the arrow head.

And I total agree about the labels. Moble like on the interface shape.

Matthew Palmer wrote:

* Dia lines suck hard.  This is the thing which struck me first when trying
it out, and they still give me the s**ts.  Both the 'up and across' nature
of them, and the 'tie points' they work with.  I propose to make them more
RR-like, by:

        * In class diagrams having the terminus of the line in the centre of
        the object, and then rendering the line only in those points where
        it isn't inside an object.  Also, any arrows or other symbols would
        get rendered at the edge of the object.  Toss out tie-points
        completely.  Yuck.

        * In other types of objects, toss tie points and do vaguely similar
        things to the class diagrams above (but, not having played as much with
        those, I don't have as much of an idea about those).

* Make labels (of all sorts) more mobile, and clean up the default placement
of multiplicity tags.