Re: Noob testing on Win32....

Except I'm going to be missing stacks of libs.... no?
We are building from scratch. libiconv does not need any other libs.
Are all the libs for the cross compiler included in the project files?

Ahh, can you try installing the debian source packages under
gentoo?
there must be way to convert, I will look into that.
Havn't a clue. I think their quite different, Gentoo uses BSD style
ports
called ebuilds rather than packages. Maybe I can install the debian
package manager but everything is probbaly going to be in the wrong
places.
I have a create minimal standalone debian directory structure,
you can use that to install into. just get dpkg and debhelpers running.
it does not matter where the stuff is installed into,
we use /usr/local/win32 as the root.

Gentoo is conforms to FSH 1.1 but not your standard RedHat
SystemV
stuff.
Ok, I will alien the packages into targz.

you may have to give me links and help on the tools I've not used
before
(Like alien). In all it sounds like fun. Let me know.....

ok, please try and get the debian tools running, maybe you can make a
small debain partition?
Ok....
lets get this straight.... Am I testing this as a Gentoo user or a Gentoo
user running Debian? Am I going to be testing tar balls or debs? You
seemed to be leaning to the latter but I'm confuzed.
Once we have that straight where do I get the files and project docs (What
ever there are of them)?
Also there was mention of a testers/dev list that I should subscribe too...

  Nick