Re: Freetype Segfault (0.90 RC1)

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Robert Young wrote:
In 0.90 RC1, under RH7.3, a segfault can occur if a font face does not
have a family_name e.g. wadalab-gothic.ttf To stop this happening, a
simple check is required.

Thank you!  A nice & precise bug report.

in lib/font.c at line 583 (in freetype_add_font, after the if (error) { }
) please insert

if (face->family_name == NULL)
      return;

Or, should we handle this differently?

I will handle it slightly differently -- if it's not the first face in the
file, I just skip it.  I've fixed this in CVS.

P.S. Sorry this isn't a diff - I have made tooo many changes to
lib/font.c before this one.

Makes me wonder what you're up to...

-Lars