Re: My few words about dia interface

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Pawel Rozanski wrote:
Most frustrating for me in dia is 'modified'. When I see
'Modified diagram exist' I always wonder "What I have changed".
The truth is I only have _clicked_ an object sometimes.

Yes.  It is unfortunate that even a click can make an object moved.  That
should be fixed.

How do you select objects ?, Probably left-top to down-right.
It doesn't matter you say. But in recent CVS I see a
bug/freature. Can 'left-top to down-right' selects only objects
which are in select-box (without crossing objects) and
'down-right to left-top' selects with crossing objects.
(Mouse gestures in dia :))

That has been a feature for a long time.

User defined events for objects. It will be cool when I click
for eg. an UML class and this exec 'my favorite editor cursor at
clicked class definition' or 'open moredetailed.dia'

We've been talking about having subdiagrams that can be opened by
clicking.  Interaction with outside programs is an interesting idea.

Anyway... in lastest CVS, flowchart, a box with text inside
I need many box in the same size (for good look :)
(user-based size, not text-box based size) It's werid because
diamond with text inside works fine.

Is this what you're thinking of:

|  Some text  |
|    More     |
|   and more  |

I've had use of such occasionally, too.  Would be fairly easy to make.  I
think.

-Lars