Re: gtk-2.0

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Mon, Mar 11, 2002, à 04:12:06PM -0600, Lars Clausen a écrit:

The main question now is: What do we do about Gtk 2.0 in Dia?  Do we
make a branch for the conversion?  Do we use a HAVE_GTK_2_0 macro (as I
have done so far)?  Do we ignore it till it stabilizes a bit?

I've made my opinion on the subject clear enough at several times.

Basically, we have to cater for three targets:
      * gtk
      * GNOME
      * gtk-win32

Assuming the new 2.0 releases are really of release quality, we still
miss the non-beta GNOME libs. I'd say, let's see how others shake these
for one, perhaps two months. In the mean time, let's fix what we
currently have, so that we do a last gtk 1.4 release and then jump (this
being said under the assumption that the G2 stuff is not rotten and is
going to be released in a stable state and in a timely manner).

Since the Windows versions of Gtk 2.0 are due out in a couple months, it
makes sense to wait a bit.  Of course, Gtk 2.0 uses utf8 all over the
place, so the Unicode conversion will be much easier then.

-Lars