Re: TrueType fonts + eps-export

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Haykel ben Jemia wrote:
Hi,

I have downloaded the sources of Dia from CVS and compiled it with
unicode and freetype support successfully. Everything works fine but 2
things:

1. When I start dia the following error is printed:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 713 (gtk_container_add):
assertion `widget != NULL' failed.

and a small window shows up, with the title "Loading", containing a
small progress bar (I think) and the text "Dia v 0.89". This window
stays on the screen until I close it from the titlebar-menu, after
what the main window pops up.

That's ugly, but does not affect the usability of Dia.  It's simply that
the splash picture isn't installed correctly.  This was discussed a couple
weeks ago on this list.

2. This one is more important: I can use TrueType fonts to draw my
diagrams, but when I export them to "eps", ghostscript can't display
the eps-files and stops with an error. Is this a dia or a ghostscript
problem?

This is a dia problem, in that conversion to Type42 is not implemented
yet.  I'm trying to figure out how Freetype will give me the Truetype info
I need to make the wrapper.  Until then, you can get by by converting your
truetype fonts to type1.

-Lars