Re: ./configure does not find libxml2 in dia-0.88.1

On Wednesday 6 Mar 02, Cyrille Chepelov writes:
Le Wed, Mar 06, 2002, à 04:49:59PM +0000, David Starks-Browning a écrit:

I installed libxml2 because the gnome-xml FAQ says not to install
libxml!  (Plus libxml-1.8.17 doesn't build for me anyway...)

But ./configure chokes when it cannot find xml-config, and does not
look for xml2-config.  What should I do?  Messages in the dia-list

can you grep ./configure for "xml2-config", and confirm that the xml2-config
script is indeed in your $PATH ?

There is no "xml2" in ./configure.  Yes, xml2-config is in my path.

Honestly, I'm not sure now whether 0.88.1 could build with libxml2. The
snapshots are intended to stabilise, but... we're having some tough issues
with Unicode and FreeType at the moment (this is mostly makefile
fine-tuning; I expect we're in a better state two weeks from now).

OK, thanks for the status report.  Meanwhile I'll ask the gnome-xml
list why libxml-1.8.17 doesn't build.

Regards,
David