Re: [FreeType] bug with !ASCII

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:21:06 +0100
Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille chepelov org> wrote:

Lars,

when I attempt to display a text with the following (latin9) string:

test avec des ¤ et des ŕ et des č
et des ö

I get the PNG attached here (I added the bounding boxes; it looks like it's
too big).  Also, the cursor is behaving strangely, it seems that for each
non-ASCII character, two characters are counted. This certainly hints me
towards a problem with UTF-8 handling...
Hmm, I have this problem even with standard encoding. I suppose problem is connected with unicode. I can't
disable it (--disable-unicode makes 'undefined reference' to unicode errors in compile)

Paul