Re: Pango change, first^Wsecond baby step !

Le Fri, Jun 21, 2002, à 07:22:04PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:

Yepp. Result attached.

Wonderful !
It looks like something is lying to pango-win32 the same way it does to
pango-xft. I highly suspect the Courier(New) font to overstate its coverage
map...

Here's the result of a discussion with Lars on #dia on irc.debian.org, on
how to rebuild dia's font API around Pango. I'll start implementing this in
a couple hours (expect tomorrow's snapshot to break), then we'll fix the
objects to comply with this new API (Lars had a very valid point about not
trusting the PFD's size field, and carrying our own height attribute. We'll
resolve inefficiencies through caching, when the need arises. It will.)

Major thing is, we get rid of the hardcoded big ugly list of fonts (though
objects may hardcode a family name -- Pango will always find sensible
defaults, at least for Roman script).

(behind the scenes, most diafont_* functions will actually build layouts.
There should be a one or two-slot cache to avoid rebuilding the same layout
several times in a row)

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.