Re: plugins

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 07:03:34PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Tue, Jun 18, 2002, à 02:08:27PM +0200, Matthieu Sozeau a écrit:
    I have 2 questions about plugin developpement. First, I need to
    have a separate directory for files in my plugin (XML
    stylesheets and configuration), is it ok to add a
    DIA_PLUGIN_PATH=$(pkgdatadir)/plugins/$(plugin_name) ?

Nice :)
    Second, I need to make some cleanup when dia quits if my plugin
    is loaded, but plugin_unload doesn't get called when exiting dia. Is
    it normal behavior? (My plugin can_unload works in the plugins

Probably not. I guess something is misbehaving here.

(just out of curiosity, what kind of clean-up ? What happens the next time
when dia has been -9'ed and the clean-up did not take place ?)

Some dynamically allocated strings do not get freed...that's all.

I have one more question: i'd prefer using a directory for my export
plugin (it outputs multiple source files). Is it possible to allow
directories in the gtk "open" dialog? If not, that means i will need to
open a "find directory" dialog in the plugin, which is annoying. I have
no ideas as to use another workaround... Currently, i use a "*.code"
filter and type a file name but this file never get written. Any ideas?

I changed the plugin a bit. Now one can select a "from" (UML,...) and "to"
stylesheet (java, c++, idl, ...) in the dialog. There is a configuration file to allow
easy adding of new stylesheets for exporting. I'll send the address of
the current version soon for those who want to test it.

"Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday. "
 - Woody Allen