Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:46:48 +0200
From: Bob Marcan <bob marcan aster si>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Need help with dia

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:24:01 +0100 (IST)
"Alan Horkan" <horkana tcd ie> wrote:

Please look at this:

http://www.tru64unix.compaq.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51A_HTML/ARH9FDTE/TOC.HTM#MTHDSCHX

You could only have been less helpful if you come out and open said RTFM
Im sorry if you took my comments the wrong way but there is no need to be
rude about it.

And the quality of manuals of a commercial unix and Linux are quite
different (for now).  (and yuck it uses frames, and if it had an easy
interface i would not need to read a manual.

I realise there are people who resist the idea of Linux or their favorite
Unix becoming the de facto standard and having a whole bunch of users who
dont know anything about computers but that does not make it any less
likely to happen.

Belittling those of us who do not choose to learn the details and arcana
of Unix or choose to become programmers or sysadmins is not helpful or
productive.