Re: Simple Question

On 30 Jul 2002, Pierre Pronchery wrote:

Subject: Re: Simple Question

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 17:49, Ernie wrote: > I'm doing a little
research for my company and came across DIA. Can DIA output in HTML?
I'm trying to find a flowcharting tool which can be viewd in HTML and
the flowchart elements must be able to be HREF'd. Basically I want to
be able to view the chart in a browser and then be able to click on
any element to iew some text.  > > Visio has all this but I'd rather
stay with Open Source. > > Thanks in Advance > > Ernie

As a fast answer, you can already try to export to png.
For the more complicated thing in HTML, I don't know.

The SVG* export can be nicely viewed in Netscape/IExplore + Adobe Acrobat
SVG Viewer plugin which most people already have installed unlike the
Visio plugin (and mozilla SVG support was more than a bit dodgy last i
looked at it).
[* SVG Scaleable Vector Graphics, http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/
it might be nice if dia was included on this list (but i has not been
updated since October 1999)
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-Implementations ]

Still no hyperlinking though.  You might want to put the SVG directly into
an XHTML document (should be relatively easy to add a little simple SVG
wrapped in XHTML export wrapping in dia itself, might even fit in nicely
with the Gnome Office plans to use an subset of XHTML for sharing
clipboard data), and maybe manually add some of the links to that.

/endbraindump
/endrandomsuggestionswithnopatches

Sincerely
Alan