CVS: glib-gettextize, intltool, etc.

I've been frustrated by not being able to build the CVS version
with the tools I have installed.  I know I need to downgrade to
the versions specified in the INSTALL file but that doesn't work
very well for me.

I hacked on it and researched it a bit to see what the issues are.
I was able to get much further down the road by making a few changes.
The follwing patch changes autogen.sh and configure.in so that it
uses glib-gettextize instead of gettextize.

After that I run into a problem with libtool.  I believe that problem
is because FreeBSD isn't using the latest version of libtool so I
patch libtool.m4 to use $host instead of $lt_target when it runs
ltconfig.

With these latest versions we no longer use the intl/ directory so I
patch the Makefiles to remove references to intl.

Now I am getting the autogen/configure step done and can start a build
with gmake.  That however fails with:

dia_dirs.c: In function `dia_get_data_directory':
dia_dirs.c:51: `DATADIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
dia_dirs.c:51: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dia_dirs.c:51: for each function it appears in.)
dia_dirs.c: In function `dia_get_lib_directory':
dia_dirs.c:80: `LIBDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)

I've just started looking into this.

Any comments on any of this?  Am I wasting my time?

        -Vance

*** configure.in.in     Thu Jul 11 15:50:59 2002
--- configure.in        Thu Jul 11 15:52:28 2002
*************** dnl
*** 149,155 ****

  ALL_LINGUAS="az ca da de el en_GB es fi fr ga hu it ja ko nl nn no pl pt pt_BR ru sk sl sv tr uk vi zh_CN
zh_TW"

! AM_GNU_GETTEXT

  localedir='${prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale'
  AC_SUBST(localedir)
--- 149,155 ----

  ALL_LINGUAS="az ca da de el en_GB es fi fr ga hu it ja ko nl nn no pl pt pt_BR ru sk sl sv tr uk vi zh_CN
zh_TW"

! AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT

  localedir='${prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale'
  AC_SUBST(localedir)
*** autogen.sh.in       Thu Jul 11 15:51:12 2002
--- autogen.sh  Thu Jul 11 15:52:38 2002
*************** echo "Running gettextize...  Ignore non-
*** 72,80 ****
  # telling its life in po/ChangeLog.
  ## It has to run with --force to make po/Makefile.in.in, though
  if [ -f po/Makefile.in.in ]; then
!   gettextize --copy
  else
!   gettextize --copy --force
  fi

  echo "Running intltoolize"
  # telling its life in po/ChangeLog.
  ## It has to run with --force to make po/Makefile.in.in, though
  if [ -f po/Makefile.in.in ]; then
!   glib-gettextize --copy
  else
!   glib-gettextize --copy --force