Re: Text in EPS export

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Koen Vermeer wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to use the Dia EPS export and replace text in it with the
psfrag package (for LaTeX). Unfortunately, this didn't work, since the
exported EPS file apparently includes the text in a different way than
just as normal text.

Yes; with Pango, there's no simple way to dump the fonts, but we got some
code that will dump the outlines.  We plan to move towards a real embedded
font solution.

So, my procedure now is to export it to .fig and
run fig2dev to convert it to eps.
Is there any other way of doing this?

The CVS version is in a serious state of rebuilding after the introduction
of Pango, this is causing all the exporters to need their text export parts
redone.  It'll be a bit before it's ready.

-Lars