Re: question about scheme for data base visualisation

I wanted to draw the relations between tables in relational database
and I do not know if there is any scheme that I could use in dia?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I would recommend using the UML shapeset, since it is closest to ERD
toolsets.

Use Classes for tables & views, Associations for foreign-key relationships
(use the aggregate checkbox to indicate the many side of a one-to-many
relationship).

If, at the end, you want the ERD to generate SQL DDL for your RDBMS,
check http://tedia2sql.tigris.org before you begin.

--
Tim Ellis
DBA, Gamet