Re: UTF-8 on stdout?

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
Those were the problems I was referring to :). I think I was
getting mixed up with my terminology: I see your point and I
think I understand. I won't worry about it too much then. I was
thinking of old-fashoned ANSI (255 chars) --- I have to admit I
have no idea how this maps onto character sets these days,
though I think what I'm thinking of basically is Latin-1.
That's the same as ISO 8859-1, right?

Yes, that's indeed the very same '-1':)

In fact, the more I think about this, the more I get confused.
I can't seem to find any good introduction/references to all
this stuff on the web. Does anyone know where I can go to learn
more about character sets etc. these days?

Ick... no, not really.

I will leave the output as it is, write the AUTHORS dependency
etc., and then the bug can be closed.

Sounds good.

-Lars