Re: Adding a file to CVS?

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
OK probably am missing something very obvious here, but when I
use the -N option, all it does is add the line:

? app/authors.h

to the top of the patch file, which is obviously not what I
want, since I need the content of the file included too!

BTW, doing cvs add app/authors.h produces the following:

cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the
repository

Shall I just send the extra file separately with the patch, as
you suggested, Lars? It's probably easiest judging by the
above.

Yes, please do so.  I think Cyrille is wrong here -- you can't add files to
read-only repositories, the best I know.

-Lars