Re: Adding a file to CVS?

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
What the usual procedure for adding a file to CVS? I've written
a patch to add --credits to dia, in preparation for using this
to automatically generate AUTHORS (bug #86375), and I've
factored out the contributors into a separate .h file for easy
maintainence (unusual but sensible I think). But I need to add
this into my patch, I guess, right? Yet when I run:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome diff -Nu

over my updated source tree, the patch is correct except that
it skips my added file. Is there merely some magical CVS
incantation I am missing, or is there a different way of doing
things?

Yes, there is a magical incantation, goes by the name of cvs add.
Unfortunately, you can't do it without write access.  Hmmm... you'll just
have to send us the new file along with the patch, I think.

-Lars