Re: What is GINT_TO_POINTER(6) intended for?

Le Thu, Jul 04, 2002, à 11:07:23AM -0300, Dolores Alia de Saravia a écrit:

And remembering my experience to designe new shapes and this new one
with an object I am thinking of proposing an "example sheet" with
comented ources to be looked at for people who want to extend
capabilities of Dia without having to become an expert (just "by
imitation ...."). For example, one thing I would add is a "copy" of a
user .dia directory ...

Do yoy think this could be useful? I would help with this, but someone
should read my coments on the sources as I am not an expert.

I think this would definitely be useful!

I see you are now gaining a lot of expertise in objects writing; still, you
are not too far away from the learning curve. This places you in an ideal
position to write a tutorial: you know where the roadblocks are, and you
know what the goal looks like.

By the way, in the user .dia directory there is an "objects"
subdirectory.
Can we put objects there without having to "touch" the system
"objects",
"lib" and "app"  subdirectories?  (I  have not figure out how to do it)

in theory, yes. But you know that while in theory, theory and practice
match, in practice, they don't.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.