Re: How does Dia determine Font List?

Le Wed, Jul 03, 2002, à 05:08:34PM -0700, Tim Ellis a écrit:

Seems a common Xfont-->PostScript table could be built and if no map
exists, prod the user to either provide a PostScript equivalent or warn
them this'll increase the size of their .ps file dramatically.

You are talking about code which is completely dead now.

So this means even if the font isn't a standard PostScript font, that you
can include the font as not too much a size increase on the .ps?

Well, either we include the font, or we don't. But if we do, we have to pay
the (size) price for inclusion, don't we?

The current debate is on whether we should be including complete fonts, or
attempt to include only individual glyphs, and in the latter case, should we
include glyphs on an individual basis or try to dynamically build partial
CID-keyed fonts (and this is quite of a challenge). Or more precisely, what
we are currently capable of actually achieving, as opposed to what we would
like to do (the definition of the latter being at least as unclear as the
former).

I assume you're saying these two issues disappear once CVS version becomes
Dia 0.95 or whatever the next version shall be?

Exactly. Replaced with fun new issues. (like, for the moment, PS export is
completely broken)

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.